- 1 1/2 pounds of grass finished ground beef from Livengood Family Farm in Lancaster (http://www.localharvest.org/livengood-family-farm-M12002)
- onion, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups homemade tomato soup (try this recipe)
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1 TBSP of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp of celery seed
- 1 tsp of dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1 TBSP of chili powder (more to taste)
- 2 pinches of homemade red pepper flakes (more to taste) These are easy to make. Just grind dried red peppers in a coffee grinder. Just make sure you label the coffee grinder for PEPPERS so you don't get spicy coffee!
Brown the beef in a skillet. Add beef to crockpot reserving fat in pan. Add chopped onions to pan and cook until soft. Note: save onion ends and peels and add them to your soup stock bag.
Next, add sautéed onions to crockpot along with tomato soup and the rest of the ingredients. Turn crockpot to low and cook 4-6 hours
This is the finished product. Add less soup or cook longer for a thicker chili.